I saw this at the Desiring God blog by Tia...
I am sending this not so much for us, but for all of us missionaries. Having been a pastor for many years, I have a new outlook this Christmas. I know how much it blesses me to be rememebered and how it takes so little to bless so much.
Maybe this will help you this Christmas to bless a missionary throughout the world!!!
Were you unable to send a Christmas present or care package to some missionaries you love this season? It's okay. You can still bless a missionary this Christmas.
Here are 13 post-office-free ideas to get you started, most of which you could do right now from your desk:
* Pray specific Scripture for them and their ministry, and then email it to them.
* Call or email their parents—Christmas might be just as lonely for the ones at home as the ones away.
* Purchase phone minutes for an international calling card through an online service like OneSuite and email them the account number.
* Donate frequent flier miles to them.
* Purchase an iTunes gift card for them. Have it sent to you and email them the account number.
* Commit to pray for them on a specific day of the week for a year.
* Write a song or poem or story for them. Email them the text and a recording of you reading or singing it.
* Get friends and family together to create a holiday video greeting for them using Google Video or YouTube. Include lots of people you know they miss.
* Make a year-end gift through their missions board or agency.
* Western Union—the fastest way to send money.
* Call their local florist (not everyone is in the jungle these days) and have flowers delivered, or their local Pizza Hut and have pizza delivered—with corn and shrimp as toppings!
* Donate to a charity that means a lot to them.
* Make a monthly commitment to support them financially.