pledging to unconditionally love before a crowd of people. She also made me
cry, by surprising me with a song. I actually cried twice on that day, one
for the song and the other during a time of prayer that we had away from the
crowd of people. I guess realized love can break even the most manly of men.
So, to honor 12 years, I hereby give 12 reasons to celebrate:
12. We are still married.
11. We would have married earlier if we could have
10. We love each other more today than we did 12 years ago.
9. We have moved to Africa and have lived to tell about it.
8. We have acquired five daughters in 12 years, and two in one year.
7. Our parents are still alive and we love them. We love our cousins and
brothers and uncles and aunts and grandparents, too!
6. We have good friends here in Africa that we are so thankful for and good
friends back home praying for us.
5. We still laugh together and love to have fun.
4. We are still growing in our relationship with God and are growing
together in some significant ways.
3. We still look somewhat like we did, 12 years ago... Baby faces!
2. We are still best friends.
1. We are celebrating our anniversary at a safari Lodge this upcoming
weekend. Lions, Elephants and Giraffe with your best friend!?!?! That is
pretty cool if you ask me!
Thanks for remembering us in your prayers as the mission field can severely
test and pummel even the best marriages. We thank God for his grace, his
daily, sufficient, wonderful grace!!!!